Thursday, May 19, 2011

I Want Your Discarded Brick

There’s been a lot of construction happening on our street. Thank goodness they will be done FOREVER very soon. And just in time before Baby J arrives.
When the builder bricks a house, the broken brick just sits in the yard for a couple days. It’s very hard for the workers to pick up after themselves, so some brick ends up being buried in the yard. We’ve dug up many bricks, bottles, plastic wrappers and rocks while we were planting our plants.
While the houses just a couple down from us were being bricked, I decided to ‘help’ with the brick clean up. I took my wheelbarrow (YES!) and gathered up only the broken bricks. I figured they might need the perfect bricks.

I didn’t know what I was going to do with them yet, but I played around with ideas. Then I came up with using them to border my flowerbeds that were covering our utility boxes. These flowerbeds already had the green lining that I could use to rest the broken brick on.

It was perfect. The flowerbeds now had brick liner like everyone else and I used a material that would have been thrown away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover