Friday, August 5, 2011

Top 12 Things I Want My Son to Know - #10

This is day 3 of a 12 part series (I hope!) to highlight the main things I want my son-to-be to know. Some will be silly, some will be serious. I just want to write it down for me and for him- and for your entertainment, of course.

#12, #11
#10 Mix Passion With Patience
I'm VERY interested to see how you turn out. Your daddy and I are both passionate people. This applies to everything. Along with our passion is a mix of perfection. When we are passionate about something, we want to give it our all and do our best.
My passion was dance and your daddy's passion is soccer. When I danced, I practiced as much as I could. I wanted to get better, but I also loved it. Dancing was a form of expression for me. I tend to be a quiet person and dancing on stage allowed me to be outgoing. I had to remember to be patient with myself. Passion is a good motivator, but it can cause impatience. Remember that most things don't reach perfection overnight. You have to put in the effort to get it there. Look how long it takes for a baby to develop in a mommy's tummy; nine months! And you most certainly will be perfect to us when we see you for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover