Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Boys, Boys, Boys

Over Thanksgiving break, I got really sick. Not the way I wanted to spend my time off. I am so thankful the boys didn't get it. I had a fever for a solid two weeks. One day, both boys felt hot and I panicked. But neither one were sick.

Being sick made it hard to keep up with the boys! Little JCrew is now 15 months old and into EVERYTHING!


This picture of him makes him look so much older! He's really starting to thin out and look like a little boy.

He still has his own language, but there are words and gestures we recognize that are specific to certain things. He has a name for Baby B and for the dogs. He still doesn't call me by name, but that is okay.


Little JCrew can now feed himself really well. He uses his utensils and only gets a little messy. We ask him questions and he answers us correctly. He is very into VeggieTales and dancing. I sing the "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" song and he starts dancing along. I think that's where he learned his signature "dip" dance move.

The kid is so on the go, he's a blur. I could watch him all day.


Baby B is growing too fast for me. He's already 12 pounds. While I was sick, he was starting to respond with smiles. It killed me that I couldn't speak in the high-tone of voice to him. He's a slow social smiler. He likes to make you work for them. Little JCrew was the same way. I just don't have smiley newborns... but once they get older, you can't wipe the smile off their faces!


Baby B has also started cooing/talking at us. He cries less and talks more. He can stand on his feet and is getting more control of his arms/hands. He's a much better sleeper than Little JCrew already. It's not awesome sleep, but we'll take it. He gives good 5-6 hour stretches during the night. He goes back to sleep after being fed, which is AWESOME!

I don't want to rush things, but I'm ready for my boys to be on the same level and be best buds. They already show a special bond they have, and I love watching it develop. These two are going to cause mischief. I THINK I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover