Thursday, February 14, 2013

Last Minute Valentine

There's no big deal made out of the Valentines holiday in our house. I grew up with my dad not recognizing the holiday. He didn't need a holiday to tell my mom he loved her. He'd actually act the opposite of everyone on Valentines, just to prove a point. (I see where I get it from now!)

This year, Little JCrew and Mr. Brigglesworth got their first Valentine from a friend across town. It was so cute! I then felt I missed another nomination for Mother of the Year. I didn't think to do Valentines because my kids aren't old enough. That's such a lame excuse!

For Valentines Day this year, our small group is going to deliver cards at an assisted living facility. I didn't know what I was going to make, but I at least knew I was going to make them. And a pat on the back for me being VERY last minute. I didn't start this project until Mr. JCrew went to class last night (530PM). Little JCrew helped me scatter paper and Mr. Brigglesworth sat in my lap to learn how to punch.

I grabbed things I had around the house. I whipped out the construction paper and cut it in fourths.



I then used my Stampin' Up punch to make the edges pretty.



I used the old-fashion method to make hearts.



Then I scattered the hearts and glued them.



I made a couple for Mr. JCrew and my parents.



Next year I will be better and mail them to family and friends! This year, they're going to the old folks. (No worries, Nana and Boppa. You don't fit in that category!)



I think my family should be happy they didn't get a Valentine this year!! The last two years I've used Valentines Day as a way to break the news to family that we are having a baby!!! Last year, my sister asked if she'd be getting a Valentine like it next year. Little JCrew was five months last Valentine and Mr. Brigglesworth is four months. Three under three would be too much.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY to you all! Spread the love.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow...your cards are so pretty! The old folks are going to like yall. Ours, well...let's just say the kids helped A LOT. Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait until the boys can help A LOT! Everything is pretty when the kids do the work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. super fun! :) Love valentines :) You should enter your photos from this project into Craftbaby's Hearts Craft Challenge :-) http://www.craftbaby.com/contests/43/those-tiny-toes-hearts-craft

    xo,
    Candie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover