Friday, December 4, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

Last year, my sister, Kerry and her husband came up to visit for Thanksgiving. This year, we planned for EVERYONE to come visit us. However, life gets in the way and two of my sisters, Logan and Kendal, were able to come up.


I'm sad I never got a picture of Logan with the boys. They adored her. Logan and her husband are vegan, so I fixed many sides vegan-style to accommodate. They were all really good! For their meat, I prepared a chickpea "meatloaf." It was good, but not everyone liked it. It was very vegetable-y.



We got to use our large dining room! I added leaves to the table and it was able to sit 12. All the adults got to sit at the same table!



I spent the day before Thanksgiving preparing the meal. The boys REALLY wanted to make pie, but Aunt Chrissy was bringing the pumpkin pie, so they settled making pecan.



I let them do every step. They cracked the eggs and egg shells went in the pie. I was able to fish them out.



They were so proud of that pie. They showed it to everyone, yet they wouldn't eat it! I asked if they remembered how much sugar they put in, but that still didn't get them to eat it.



We had such a fun Thanksgiving. I can't wait until the next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover