Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Spring Is Five (5) Weeks Away!

If you haven’t already, now is the time to trim back your crepe myrtles, border grass and daylilies. I know the groundhog said 6 more weeks of winter, but I don’t know about your area, but our area had such warm weather that some flowering trees have already started blooming!
With the cold front that came through this weekend, I’m hoping the trees aren’t hurt and my daylilies that already started coming back will survive. Luckily, none of my trees have tried to bloom yet.
Hard to believe I trimmed my crepe myrtles back in November/December.



I planted these trees when they were just sticks! It has been a daunting task to shape them into trees as they grow.

It is a cheaper way to go (buying smaller trees), but unless you have the time to constantly trim, then I would just buy the bigger ones that the nursery has already shaped into trees.
My goal is to have these trees be tree trunks all the way up to the top of the fence. Then the branches will be full above the fence.

This year might be the year that the trees will be taller than the fence! They are slowly getting there and I keep pruning the lower branches.
I’m so excited for Spring!!! This winter has lasted long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover