Thursday, August 3, 2017

The First Lost Tooth

On the first day of August, I was able to perform my first duty as the tooth fairy. Little JCrew has had a loose tooth since July 10th and he was so patient!

We noticed the loose tooth on the 10th. His teeth aren't perfect, but they definitely looked different that day. I asked him to open his mouth so I could see better. That's when he told me his mouth hurt.



I was really trying to keep that tooth in until Mr. JCrew returned from his trip. I ignored it and never asked him how the tooth felt. But I was definitely keeping my eye on it. Sometimes, that tooth looked like it was sideways!

When the tooth fell out, Little JCrew didn't notice it until he was sitting on the couch. He could have been anywhere when it fell out! My sister, Kerry is in town, so she started searching. Her search began around the couch. Luckily, she found it on the floor underneath the couch.



I took the boys to karate that night and listened to their stories about the tooth fairy. Just like with Santa, we don't talk about it, but I listen to what they learn from school and go with it. Luckily, the stories they heard do NOT have the Tooth Fairy bringing a loot! A quarter would be a WIN!

That night, Little JCrew asked if he should not sleep with two pillows like he usually does. He wanted to make sure the Tooth Fairy could lift up a pillow, but not two.Mr. Brigglesworth was so excited for Little JCrew! I loved him showing support because that's not his natural reaction. Leading up to this date, he wondered why he didn't have a loose tooth! He tried his hardest to stay awake to catch a glimpse of the Tooth Fairy.

The boys share a room and Little JCrew is a light sleeper, so I had a challenge laid out for me. But it was successful and I was so excited for the boys to wake up and discover that quarter! The joy was contagious that morning. Shouts of, "She came! She came!" were heard all over.



Hard to believe he's old enough to have teeth falling out now. Mimi suggested we take the lost teeth and start gluing them into Mr. Pfitzer's mouth. At 15 months old, he still has no sign of teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover