Tuesday, April 12, 2011

21 Weeks

Twenty-One! Twenty-one is the age kids can purchase alcohol. "Twenty-One" is a song by the Eagles. Twenty-one is when I graduated with my undergraduate degree. Twenty-one is the sum of the first six natural numbers (1+2+3+4+5+6=21). We are currently in the 21st century, and I am twenty-one weeks pregnant today!

I can hardly believe. I can't believe I'm that far along, yet at the same time I think I should be further and have this baby already!


20w 1d


Last week we had our anatomy scan. The baby measured perfect in all areas. We purposefully did not find out what we are having. We are saving that moment for our family shower Father's Day weekend. We had the ultrasound technician write the gender on a notecard and seal it in an envelope. We asked if she was even able to tell what the baby was. She said the baby fully cooperated and was spread eagle!


Sometimes this baby makes my bump disappear and sometimes he/she makes it stick out so far, that it looks like I swallowed a cantaloupe whole. The baby is somewhere around 10.5 inches long and getting closer to weighing a pound!

4-12-11... 21 weeks
I started noticing movement around 19 weeks. Very inconsistent movement or rolling around. Right at 20 weeks I noticed my belly popped out more and I could feel kicks when I laid still. After one of my walks last week, I was able to SEE the kicks. Guess Baby J was still pretending to walk with me.
June 18th will not be here soon enough! We’ll hand the secret envelope to a cake baker and they will make the inside of the cake either blue or pink. Mr. JCrew and I are very excited to see everyone’s excitement on their faces. I know I’ll be jumping up and down either way. Mr. JCrew thinks Baby J is a girl. I keep saying I have no clue to what the baby is, but I’m leaning towards girl. My pregnancy has been pretty easy, and I haven’t had any cravings. I like sweets and carbs, but I liked those before pregnancy too.
We're on the other side of the hill now. Time to coast until the day is here.


My favorite picture of Baby J. He/she is doing a forward roll. Look at those long legs!

Check back on Tuesday's for baby updates!

2 comments:

  1. I love the ultrasound picture where Baby is doing the flip! I can't believe you're already 21 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the ultra sounds pics. thanks for posting them so that we could see them. the room pics are great too. i'm sure baby j will have an awesome room. you are such a great decorator. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover