Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Someone Found Their Fingers

Little Man is SEVEN weeks old today!



I can't get enough of him! He's been growing so much, that we've had our up and down moments. I'm blaming the growth spurt for his behavior. (at least I keep telling myself that.) He didn't want to nap, but needed it. He wanted to eat every hour and a half or two hours; but would eat so much he'd spit up a lot of it to avoid a stomach explosion. It was very tiring.

I feel at seven weeks, we've made a breakthrough. He can soothe himself back to sleep, thanks to his long fingers! He found those things and hasn't turned back since. When he stirs at night, we hear him find those fingers and start sucking. He likes to put the index and middle fingers in his mouth. He graduated to size 1 diapers and is wearing 3 month size clothes.


last part of a smile

We've also got a Chatty Cathy on our hands (the boy-version.) This morning he just wouldn't stop talking (a trait he gets from his dad.) I thought it was cute. I wasn't giving him eye contact, so he just kept talking to get me to look at him. Of course, I partook in the conversation with him and he seemed to appreciate the small talk.


lean into the turn!


This little boy has found our heart strings! I love being a mommy!

At seven weeks he...
- sleeps great at night in the bassinet, but hates daytime naps. He naps better on me or daddy or in the Baby Bjorn.
- is a great nurser. He loves to eat and sometimes over does it.
- is a morning person. He is all smiles when I talk to him in the morning.
- can grab onto things and keep a firm grip
- really studies our faces.
- finally recognized that he has puppies!
- soothes himself back to sleep


nap time on mommy


9/9/11 Stats:
Height: 22 inches
Weight: 7 lbs 10 oz
Head Circumfrence: 37 cm

10/12/11 Stats:
Height: 22.5 inches
Weight: 11.5 lbs
Head Circumfrence: 40 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover