Monday, February 20, 2012

Thrifty Project #1

I don’t know if you checked about my Projects tab recently, but I mentioned that my Project Budget is currently zero for the 2012 calendar year. Dave Ramsey has us buckling down saving right now, and until we hit the recommended mark, I can’t have my normal project funds. L
This does not put a damper on my design attitude. In fact, lately I’ve been having the itch to find projects to do. Even without the money, I’m looking to be resourceful in what I can do.
My first thrifty project cost me the can of spray paint. I had an old clock in my office that had a brown border. It was really ugly, yet I liked the clock.

I switched jobs in January (which was part of the reason why January ran away from me) and I haven’t hung the clock back up in my new office. I miss my clock. It’s not the same thing looking a the clock on my computer. I even added the clock with hands on my desktop to the screen that didn’t have the clock (does that make sense?) But it STILL wasn’t the same.
I kept looking at my desk from afar and knew that I needed to hang my clock back up. That’s when I decided to give my clock a facelift. Something bold and bright!

I’m really into bold accents, yet I can’t get brave enough to do them. It requires a lot to step forward and do it. I tend to be more bold with my décor choices at work. (Interesting realization.) Would you believe I had a can of orange spray paint ready? But somehow I ended up with the light blue. It still pops out, but wasn't as crazy as I was orginally trying to go.
The key to spray painting is light and even coats. It may take several coats, but allow it to dry and paint again until you get the desired shade.
1 Coat

This is what one coat looks like. Brown is hard to cover up. You can't tell from this picture that the blue has some brown showing through.

3rd Coat
We’re getting warmer.

And there you have it; my finished clock to go in my office. I snuck a picture of the finished product hanging in my cublicle. Snazzy!



Project #1 on a budget success!

Next up, touching up the outdoor lanterns... Just waiting for the weather to warm up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover