Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Dent In the To-Do List

My to-do list has grown much faster than the rate I can cross things off of it. Once I do one thing, I think of three more things that I'd like to do.

This weekend was a great one for me. The to-do list didn't stand a chance.

Colby got a haircut; I went through Wilks' clothes that don't fit and pulled out the bigger items; trimmed the bushes; etc. The rest of the list is boring, but it's such a good feeling!!

Friday night, we went to Mr JCrew's lil sister's pinning ceremony for nursing school. She graduated on Saturday, but received their pins on Friday. Little JCrew behaved so well! Lately he's been a chatty Cathy, so I stuck a paci in his mouth (we reserve paci time for sleep only.) on the way to the ceremony, the little boy had fun playing with his hand.



I will say, I shed a tear at the ceremony. It's awesome that my sister in law is graduating, but one of her classmates had a compelling story. As the nursing graduates were entering the stage, a young girl came in with a motorized wheelchair. The audience and her classmates broke out in applause. Then her classmates sang a song and played a tribute video for her. In December, this student was in a terrible car accident with her boyfriend. It left her on a ventilator for 6 weeks and in ICU for 2 months. She is expected to make a full recovery. I guess I got emotional at the thought of her continuing to push herself and still graduating!

And good news about 4-year old Ally. Her mom takes care of Little JCrew in the church nursery. She had open-heart surgery April 24th and is home doing really well! It all started with a heart murmur just like Wilks. It's hard to think of your baby under the knife! But I'm so happy she did well and is home getting back to life as a 4-year old!!

Oh, and I've done a few projects and even taken pictures, but I have yet to tell you. No worries, I will soon. Plus, I'm challenging myself to a big project that I'm slowly starting. It will be a couple steps, but I'll keep you posted.

Happy Wednesday!!!


- Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover