I think the nesting bug hit me AFTER my baby was born. I
nested a little bit before Baby B came, but as my maternity leave was nearing
the end, a state of panic came over me that I would not have time or energy to
keep on top of things like I once could. The less stuff I had in the house, the
less I have to keep up with.
I think I made five trips to the thrift store with
donations. It felt good to donate and it felt good to get it out of my house!
It was my goal to make everything in the house have a “home.” Next step was to
teach Mr. JCrew where everything’s “home” was. :)
Baby B’s closet served as a home for my maternity clothes
while I was pregnant. Since I knew this was my last pregnancy, I was more than
eager to get those items out first! His closet was also a misc closet for
things that didn’t have a home; or the space that I did have for those type of
things had become too small. That meant my collection of certain items had
grown and outgrew their space. Being a Costco member is great, but it means you
have toilet paper and paper towels growing out your ears! They were taking up
valuable real estate and needed a new home.
My mom was a fresh pair of eyes that pointed out I had room
to add more shelves in my laundry room. Perfect place to put the toilet paper
and paper towels!
I then could move all my paperwork, craft supplies and
decorations into one location… and all together. Now that I know where my
decorations are and they are easy to get to, I might actually start being
festive around the house!
Baby B will one day need more room in his closet and I’m
glad I cleared out the space now.
Oh, the joys of being an organization freak! It gives me
such a high and has many benefits. I laugh at how relieved I feel now. Life is
good and I can be much more productive now that my house is in order!
(Mr. JCrew is laughing at me as he reads this; but he loves
my quirky ways! – And he’s happy I can find his car title in 2.5 seconds!
Boo-yah!)


.jpg)

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment