Friday, December 7, 2012

Lining Drawers With Paper



The dresser and chest of drawers in Baby B’s room is a future project. It’s furniture that was my grandmother’s that I inherited. It has been sitting empty this whole time… well, I can’t say completely empty. I’ve stored paperwork in there that I took out a month before Baby B was born.

When I took out the papers and started putting clothing for Baby B in the drawers I noticed no smell. It was after he was born and I went to pull out clothes to put on him, that I noticed an “old” smell. You know, the moth-ball smell. 

This gave me the perfect excuse to line the drawers. I sprayed each drawer and the inside of the dresser with Febreeze before I started lining.


I bought scrap paper from Hobby Lobby when it was 50% off. (TIP: never buy anything full priced at Hobby Lobby. If it’s not on sale, it will be within the month. Their frames are always 50% off and cute. Plus, there is usually a 40% coupon you can print off their website, or download an app, if you can’t wait until the item goes on sale.)


I got varied scrapbook paper in all shades of blue and contact paper. Do you remember putting contact paper on your school books as book covers? That was the cool thing to do back in middle school. When teachers checked to see if your book was covered, it fooled them!



I cut the paper to size and then covered it with contact paper. I just keep anticipating my boys being rough on things and I’m trying to stay ahead of the game.



It was an easy and quick project to do during an afternoon nap.

It’s now been almost two weeks since I did it and I can say there are no more “old” smells. It did the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover