Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Three Little Pigs

The Three Little Pigs were visiting last night and the Big Bad Wolf tried to huff and puff and blow the house down!

It was the model sound of a freight train that they warn you about. At 6AM, we grabbed the babies and dogs and ran into the bathroom.




Thankfully none of our property was damaged. The breath of the beast moved Little JCrew's house and the heavy metal bench. It always amazes me when I see that.

There are a lot of neighbors with roof and fence damage. And I've seen two tangled trampolines (guess I won't be getting the boys one of those.)

That was the first time I've heard the wind like that. I'm no stranger to strong winds, but I really thought the roof was going to come off the house! Things shook!

News says there were straight winds 60+mph. I'm still checkin in with folks to see how they all faired. Looks like it might have been mild in our immediate area.

Boo to the tornado season upon us. The weather has been wacky lately. Not a good sign.



- Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I don't know if I slept through that or what?! We don't live far and I didn't hear anything. So scary..I hate bad weather too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard the sound before. I really thought our roof would come off. Things shook. Maple Grove seem to get it bad. My parents live in the same neighborhood and their area got little of nothing. Our area is dotted with shingles and blue tarps. I saw your family in TN's damage! They are blessed to be alive!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover