Thursday, February 13, 2014

February

It's been a while... January went by too fast. I tried to soak in every moment and I took a lot of pictures.

On February 5, my dad passed away. As part of my healing process, I will be remembering my dad and sharing him with you. I wish everyone could have known him like my family and I did.

Later today, I will share the speech that I spoke at his memorial service. It was a beautiful time and it was a healing experience. My dad loved music and there was lots of it played. Some of his favorite pieces and a piece that he recorded of my older sister playing the piano.

The journey ahead is a hard one. First words I spoke in the days after was that I was not strong enough to handle this. And I'm not, but I am leaning on God and my family and friends.

Our time here on earth is precious. We are sent here with a purpose. Dad raised an amazing family and was a great role model.

My dad was a big reader of the blog and he helped me with every project. If I came to a problem, he came up with a solution. He gave me tips and pointers. He was so proud when I dry-wall repaired my ceiling all by myself! It will be hard to do my projects without him to help or share the end result with. But I will keep on because he taught me everything I know and I want to share it with everyone.

Thank you family and friends for being there for my mom and family. We truly appreciate it from the bottom of our hearts!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover