Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Happy

There was so much excitement in the last two weeks. Mr. JCrew completed his college degree and the joy was uncontainable.



Back in August, I announced to our friends that we would be throwing a party to celebrate this occasion. Back then, December felt so far away and I was chuckled at for planning so far ahead.



But that's what Mr. JCrew wanted. Throughout the years, he has said he wanted a big party to celebrate all the hard work. He has an outgoing personality and he loves a good party. It was hard for him not to hang out with his friends and to do homework.



The day finally came. Finals week was upon us and it didn't seem real. To see him walk across the stage was a dream! You couldn't wipe the smile off my face or his.



We brought our cowbells to the graduation and rang them loud and proud when they called his name. He heard us!



The first 45 minutes of the ceremony couldn't have been any longer. I was worried about the boys, if I felt that bored. Luckily, I brought cookies from my cookie exchange the day before, and Miss Julie was there to be a fresh face of entertainment.





Next up, the celebration! We invited everyone that had been apart of our lives during this time. Everyone knew that Mr. JCrew was in school. We wanted to thank everyone for their support and patience during the last five years. It's not fun having to say, "No" to fun events because school got in the way. Mr. JCrew is glad to have a social calendar again.



The night couldn't have been more perfect. Seeing the smile on Mr. JCrew's face made it all worth it. The stress was gone.



I was finally able to describe the feeling I was experiencing. The night of graduation, I couldn't sleep. It was like we won the lottery and paid off a huge debt. It is a fresh start. It's an amazing feeling.

Not only did Mr. JCrew graduate, but his sister and her husband graduated and our friends, the Pittman's graduated as well.



We can't thank our friends and family enough. So many were a part of the effort and provided support when we were at our weakest. THANK YOU! We couldn't have done it without you.

L&R

4 comments:

  1. I don't remember where I found your blog but reading this post makes me SO excited for when my husband graduates. I'm sure I'll be like you and be just as excited. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Continue the support and hard work. It is all worth it in the end. We are still excited. Pre-Congratulations to you!

      Delete
  2. i am so excited for you guys. what a great post. i can't wait to start hanging out with you guys more. ;) love yall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are excited to hang out again, too! We have a lot of free time!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover