Thursday, August 13, 2015

Wood Flooring



I couldn’t be happier with the floors that I picked out. They are amazing, and they weren’t my first choice!



The color of the floors in the old house had a red hint to them. They were 5-inch wide plank and I liked them, but didn’t love them. I didn’t have much choice using a production builder’s options.



When we picked out Mom’s flooring in the townhouse, we chose something different. It has less red, but the quality is poor. She’s had issues with ends of it curling up and scratches bad. But the color helps hide dirt!


I originally picked a floor I thought was similar to my mom’s. It was also in my price range.



But while I was at the brick place, I notice a wood floor. The brick place also carried wood and tile.



It at first looked too light to me. But I noticed how well it hid dirt and scratches. This would be a wood I could LIVE on and not baby. I also liked that it came in varying widths. To me, that’s the best part about it.


The crew came out and knocked out 2000 square feet in 2.5 days. 



I forgot to include adhesive in my budget, and that ran expensive. But the crew was so fast and I am still so happy with the result. 



It gives you the old feel. It doesn’t look brand new and blends in already. I forget that we didn’t have floors for a while.


The brick place keeps checking in and I tell them over and over how much I love the floors. I was warned that people say the color in their house is darker than in the store, and it is. But I still love it!


2 comments:

  1. it is beautiful. yay for floors
    i just love wood floors. eager to see more as it happens. excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We've already got a scratch! :( but it's fun to see and glad there is less and less concrete to walk on now.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover