Monday, January 23, 2017

The Office

I have so much to share! First, 2016 was one of my favorite years! The number 16 is special to both myself and Mr. JCrew! And then our third boy was born in 2016. September 2016 marked one year in the new house, and it's about time I share some progress on the inside.

I envy those that can decorate a space in a month and it look great. I have to live in a space a while to figure it out. Even though I designed our house, there were pieces to the puzzle to still solve.

The office in the house has pretty much stayed the same since we moved in, and I absolutely love it!



The wall color is the same from the bonus room at our old house.



I love blues and this one just never got old. I envisioned a white desk with the warmth of stained wood and knew it would look sharp.



My mom found a white writing desk at a refurbish furniture store and bought it. We crammed it into her townhome while we were building, but I knew just the spot for it.



It is suppose to be a place for the boys to do their work, but right know it houses the piano. And above it is a cork board to pin up their artwork.

On the opposite end of the office, I have frames with the boys' artwork as well. Some art is too large for frames and it goes on the cork board. I rotate the art in the frames about twice a year. They come home with soooo many things! But there are some really unique pieces that are frame-worthy.



In the office, we also have my rocking chair. This rocking chair may not have the looks, but it has the magic! This chair was from my childhood. I fell asleep in it many times. Even as I got older, my mom would rock me in it. I also rock myself to sleep in it when I am rocking my babies.



When I designed the desk, I knew I wanted many work surfaces. I bring my work home a lot, and I was tired of using the dining room table as my desk. I wanted somewhere I could stay set up. And Mr. JCrew likes to spread out when he is working on school work. The desk has been perfect.

Mr. JCrew's chair is still the same from the old house. It was a chair he got from work that they were going to throw away. It is solid. A few years back, I refinished the wood.



I didn't necessarily want the chairs to match. The chair on my side is a floor model from Pottery Barn. I think my mom saw it and told me about it. I got it for super cheap and there wasn't a think wrong with it. Maybe one scratch, but I'd be putting scratches in it soon!



The computer tower is in the filing cabinet part in the middle. I hated to do it, but I cut holes in the desk for the cords.





The holes in the top were tricky. I didn't now want to mess up there. I had hole cutters to attach to my drill.



We have two printers, which I guess seems like overkill. One is a black and white laser that we use all the time. The other is a color inkjet.



The office is a space I knew we would spend a lot of time in, so I designed the floorplan to have the office open. Most floorplans have the office secluded and at times, I can see the need for that. But with how much Mr. JCrew is on his computer, I wanted to make sure we felt "together."



Oh, and I love the triple window in the office. It has the large plantation shutters that pop against the blue walls. But it is the view that is amazing. Those windows are the first thing I open in the morning. You see the beautiful sunrise from that window that is absolutely gorgeous when it is pink and purple.

I love the days that I work from home. My cubicle doesn't have windows, so to work and be able to look outside at a gorgeous view, is perfect!




4 comments:

  1. yay yay yay a post. i love that you posted this. it is so great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear friend. I am enjoying getting back into it.

      Delete
  2. I always LOVE your posts-your house is gorgeous! I love that it looks amazing, but is also full of things you love and practical for everyday living for adults and kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet compliment. Function is important the larger the family gets.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover