Thursday, April 14, 2011

Yellow, Yellow, Kissed A Fellow

The Green Room is the guest room for now. The Yellow Room is the nursery. Kid #1 will start in the Yellow Room, but once Kid #2 comes, Kid #1 will transfer to the Green Room. I’ve got to have a plan!
Most people hear me say “Yellow Room” and picture a bright yellow color. It’s actually a dull yellow. The color “Raffia” has another cool name. The color changes when it’s in natural light, or artificial light. I like it best in natural.

The Yellow Room is the smallest room in the house. It’s not too small. I grew up in a smaller room, but compared to the others, it’s smaller. My idea for this room was to have two twin beds. I felt having two beds would make the room feel bigger. You can’t fit two beds in a small room, can you?
Courtesy - Pottery Barn Teen

I researched different ways to arrange the beds, and I came across Pottery Barn’s twin bed set.
Courtesy - Pottery Barn Teen

This bed set has two twin beds with a console joining them. I loved the idea but not the price tag. $2300 for the set. I was going to start saving my pennies now.
I then started thinking how to turn this into a DIY project. It was going to take work, but I could do it. The DIY post for this project will be posted tomorrow.


The theme for this room is Nautical. Mr. JCrew and I love pictures of water. It’s very calming. I found lots of boat/water posters off Allposters.com. They are awesome! You can find so much stuff. They can turn the poster into a painting or can frame the poster for you.
I found a poster of ships called “On the Winds.” I found the frame at Hobby Lobby and made it the focal point in the room.

Sticking with the nautical theme, my favorite store, Pottery Barn, had a shelf that was so different. PB also had buoys and lanterns that gave me an idea. Usually Hobby Lobby has items that mimic PB. I found buoys and lanterns that were almost the same.

PB had this wire ship I fell in love with. Hobby Lobby did not have anything similar, so I bought the PB Ship.

I got the quilts from Pottery Barn too. They are the Kasey quilts. I got the matching bumper for the crib so it is all tied together.

This room is a favorite among guests. The plan is to keep the baby in his or her crib when he/she comes in August! And the hard nights when I need to stay with the baby, I’ve got a bed to sleep on!
I can’t wait to meet Little JCrew!!
In this room:
Beds: Made by me
World Globe: Pottery Barn
Buoys: Pottery Barn
Ship window clock: Pottery Barn
Ship Poster: Allposters.com – “On the Winds”
Ship Poster Frame: Hobby Lobby (23.5" x 35.5")
Bookcases: Target - Carson 3-Shelf (48" Tall)
Comforters: Pottery Barn – Kasey (Navy)
Wire Ship: Pottery Barn

1 comment:

  1. love that first twin bed picture of the white beds. love that room. so great

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover