Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ivory Silk Lilac

I’d like to take a moment and highlight a beautiful tree.
When I found this tree, I loved it. There aren’t any lilac trees that do well in the South, except one variety that can tolerate our heat. It’s the Ivory Silk Lilac.

This tree is the first in my yard to get its leaves in the Spring. It’s not like many deciduous trees that get flowers before their leaves. Its flowers come in May/June.
When I bought the tree, it was very tall, but not wide.

I was so impressed with its growth rate the second year we had it.

July 2009

May 2010
This year it seems to be continuing its growth spurt.


April 2011

May 2011
But this year is special. This will be the first year it has bloomed!

I’m so excited for this tree. It means it's happy! Now I can look forward to the blooms each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover