Sunday, May 1, 2011

Tornados

I've always said I'd take a hurricane over a tornado. A tornado is so unpredictable and occurs without much warning. Hurricanes give you days of preparation and they bring tornadoes with them.

Every time we have a tornado watch, Mr. JCrew and I take it seriously. We hide in the laundry room and wait for the storm to pass. One thing we learned this time was to get gas once you anticipate bad weather. I knew this from hurricane days, but forgot.

We were very lucky this storm. Eleven confirmed tornados touched down in North Alabama. There are confirmed deaths in our area and almost 300 homes destroyed. Our house was untouched. No wind damage at all. We just have no power. It's not such a bad thing. I've got my smart phone and have received updates on local news Facebook pages!

I am so thankful. Every state has its own risks and troubles to deal with. Some people were not lucky in this storm. I have two co-workers that lost their houses completely. Yet, they came into work rejoicing that they were alive. I pray for the families struck with tragedy in losing loved ones and homes.

I just wanted to write a note to document the tornado. We are doing good and can't wait to get back to normalcy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover