Thursday, July 21, 2011

Making My Own Onesies

I came up with a craft I have wanted to do ever since I found out I was pregnant. I love making things and especially love giving homemade gifts.
I had bought onesies myself and had fabric to use as well. I was just waiting to get started. I needed to know if Little JCrew was going to be a boy or girl so I knew what kind of shapes I'd be making.

I cut out my shapes from the fabric I had.

I used iron on paper to attach the fabric shapes to the onesie.


I finished all the shapes off with stitching. I originally planned on using ribbon too, but I didn’t.
It’s not professional, but I can say I made it for my lil babe!




I also hand-dyed some onesies in Evening Blue and Teal colors. 


Freshly dyed they were dark.

Wet

Wet
But they turned out perfect.

Dry
While dying, I dyed two t-shirts for gifts I was making. I then sewed on a dinosaur to one shirt and a rocket to the other. I think the boys will like them.


And I got to make a girl onesie and burp cloth as a shower gift for this weekend.

I had so much fun crafting. It might be my new go-to gift idea for babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover