Thursday, August 4, 2011

Top 12 Things I Want My Son to Know - #11

This is day 2 of a 12 part series (I hope!) to highlight the main things I want my son-to-be to know. Some will be silly, some will be serious. I just want to write it down for me and for him- and for your entertainment, of course.

In case you missed Day 1, #12.
#11 Remember Your "Please" and "Thank You's"
Kindness goes such a long way. Showing your gratitude is such a small guesture that makes a big difference to someone. Pay attention to the people in your life. Thank everyone for everything they do. You are not entitled to what you get. Everything you get (from things (toys) to help (service)) is at the sacrifice of someone else's time/effort. Make sure you show your appreciation. You will realize how important it is when you do something for someone else. Hopefully, they thank you and you will get a tingly feeling that makes you feel happy. You'll want to do more things for more people. It's a vicious, but good cycle.

Don't expect a "Thank You" everytime you do something. Not everyone does it. You shouldn't be doing things for the "Thank You" anyway. There are plenty of times I don't get a "Thank You." Just make sure you remember YOUR gratitude.
If you ever have to ask for help and someone agrees to help you, make sure you ask with a "Please" somewhere in the request. If you don't include that word, it will sound like you are telling someone what to do. Your daddy and I will most likely do anything for you when you say, "Please."

I can't wait to hear your little voice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover