Saturday, September 3, 2011

Nothing Beats Being A Mommy

We've officially been home a week and we are still in love. At first, it was a very surreal feeling realizing I was a parent and this child was inside of me for so long. I actually miss being pregnant. I can't describe the sadness I feel when I reflect back on that time and think of the memories created. Mr. JCrew and I shared such special times being pregnant, and now they are gone. I quickly snap out of it and remember the heartburn, and then I don't miss being pregnant anymore. I can eat whatever now, and it doesn't affect me!! Yipee!

Wilks is a champ. He does really well with sleeping at night and is still a good eater. He's a strong little boy, too. I can't leave him alone anywhere. He's already rolling from his back to his side. He uses those long legs and arms to kick himself around.

He is still very alert and smiles in his sleep. A couple times he has smiled while awake, but he has no idea how to do it on command. I get excited and talk to him every time he does it, so we'll see if he gets the clues.

Mr. JCrew went back to work this week and we all missed each other very much. Mr. JCrew comes home and picks the little guy up and they veg on the couch for the evening.

It's hard to imagine leaving the little guy right now. He needs me so much, that I couldn't possibly go back to work this quick... yet, I am. Luckily, I'll be working from home so I can still be here for him 24/7.

That's it for now... I'll slowly get back on schedule with blogging. I updated Wilks' room, so I'll have to show you that. But for now, I'll leave you with a picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover