For Baby B I insisted there was no need for a shower; especially since he was my second boy and only coming 13.5 months after his brother. I also didn't want an overabundance of things to have to deal with.
Yet, I wanted to be able to say I "celebrated" the anticipated arrival of my second son. I wanted to have pictures in his baby book to show we were just as excited for his arrival as we were his brother's.
The Sunday School girls really wanted to help celebrate. Blakeley is on the same wave-length as me and at her shower for her second son, she had a shower where we all brought items to donate to those that really needed the items. Blakeley is currently pregnant with her third and is due 3.5 weeks after me, so we decided to have a joint pajama party where we collected books to donate!
The invitation was quite cute.
Brown bear, brown bear, what do you see?
I see a big old giving tree
From good night moon and peek a who
To I love you through and through
So find a book store and take a look
As we shower these girls with your favorite book.
Please help Lindsay and Blakeley pass on their love of reading to their babies, by bringing a favorite book to add to their nursery library.
Give the gift of reading...Also please bring a book to donate in honor of the babies and mommys.
"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents." - Emilie Buchwald
Please come in comfy clothes for relaxing, hanging out and movie time.
The hostesses went above and beyond! Each table food had a book related theme.
![]() |
| Snack Table |
![]() |
| Lorax Lemonaide |
![]() |
| Junk Food - Berenstein Bears |
![]() |
| If You Give A Mouse A Cookie |
![]() |
| Goodnight Moon-Pies |
![]() |
| Dr. Suess Swedish Fish |
![]() |
| Five Little Pumpkins - Pumkin Oatmeal Cookies and Bread |
![]() |
| Hungry Little Catepillar Fruit |
![]() |
| Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs |
Blakeley is such a good role model as a mom.
I followed her lead and had each guest sign a book for Baby B. Each time we read the books, he'll be reminded of who loved him from the very beginning.
This Friday I have my doctor's appointment near the hospital, so after I go I'll be dropping the books off to donate to the new Pediatric ER. I'm so excited to know that other kids will have lots of stories to read and take their imagination elsewhere when they're scared.
![]() |
| Books for B, with some cute carry bags |
![]() |
| Donation Books |
Thank you so much, to all my wonderful friends for helping celebrate the excitement of a new baby!




















No comments:
Post a Comment