Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thankful

I have so many things to be thankful for. I could write a post about a different one each day for the next year!

Today I want to take a moment to show appreciation for my parents. I don't think I could have found myself parents any better than the ones I got. They gave me such a great childhood and made so many sacrifices for each of their kids.

When they retired they packed up their things and moved in with me and Mr. JCrew. They lived with us for about 8 months and during that time Dad went into the hospital. That's when this blog was created. I was trying to keep family in touch with what was going on.

Now my parents are in their own place and I am so fortunate that they watch my babies so I can go to work. When I stop and think about it, I get overwhelmed with how grateful I am that they are here. I wouldn't be working if they weren't here. And if I wasn't working, my situation would be much different than it is.

My mom is a wonderful lady. She has given me my sense of humor. She doesn't take offense when I ask her if she packed a bottle for her errand run. Of course she did! She raised six kids! But when I ask her, she just says, "Yes."




My mom is also a very sharp lady! She has a better memory than me! She can recall a comment a friend of mine said two years ago. Then when she tells me how the situation went down those years ago, I tell her she's crazy and I don't remember that. Then I go back to that friend and they tell me exactly what my mom told me and I realize she was right! DOH! She even remembers things I told her I liked ten years ago. She is the go to person if you want to know what to get a family member for their birthday or Christmas. She logs all the details into her filing storage system brain and pulls it out when you ask. ;) I envy that kind of memory.

From now on I will not tell her she is wrong. I'm wrong!!

My mom has an eye for design. She is so creative. I love to bounce ideas off of her and get her opinion. She's an organization freak like me. Get the two of us in a cluttered room, and we take off like kids at an amusement park. When we're done, we love to sit and stare at our "creation." Hand us a Dr. Pepper and it's been a perfect day!

My dad is the sweetest man. He makes friends everywhere he goes. Yesterday, he made a friend in the parking lot while Mom was inside the store. Oh, and he has a story/joke for any situation. We call it "spinning yarn." He's been teaching Little JCrew his story telling secrets. Once Little JCrew starts talking, we're in trouble.

Thank you, Mom and Dad for everything you do. I can be rude sometimes and not show my true appreciation. I am forever grateful for you. I couldn't do a lot of things without you. I love you!


- Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover