Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Normal



Your normal may be different than my normal, but I finally have the feeling of being normal!

It’s been a long time coming. For so long, we’ve been the TWO Family.


 2 adults
2 kids
2 dogs
2 cars
2 houses
2 jobs
2 computers
2 TV’s



Yes, you read that right ... two houses. Not all of the cool kids are doing it, and I don’t recommend it. The only thing cool to say was that I had a “vacation home” near Mickey Mouse.  Everyone loves vacationing there. I liked all the theme parks being right at my fingertips, but you take advantage of it. Just like I took it for granted being an hour away from a beach. You didn’t have to plan a beach trip; you could just get up one morning and say, “Hey, I want some sunshine and sand. Let’s go!” No hotels, either. Ahhh, so nice.


Okay, can’t let myself get lost. Back to the two houses issue. After years of thinking we couldn’t sell it and didn’t even try, we finally decided to. It took ten months, but we closed on the house yesterday and we are now normal with only ONE house payment! I kind of wish we did it sooner, but you never know what is going to happen.

I have been reserved with my excitement. We found a buyer all the way back in May. Memorial Day weekend, to be exact. There have been so many turns that could have busted our deal, but I can finally say, we made it!

Uncle Sam will love us this year, but I’m so happy, I want everyone to be happy! (kidding, kind of).  

What a way to start the new year!  YAY! How cool is the timing of it all? ... on our fifth anniversary!!

It still hasn't sunk in. I don't think it will until we pay the taxes and then realize, 'There's no Florida home!'

1 comment:

  1. so happy for you guys. that is awesome. congrats

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover