Thursday, March 21, 2013

Love/Hate Relationship with Spring

Spring is officially here! Just two days ago I looked at my Ivory Silk Lilac and only saw the buds it sprouted in the Fall. No sign of leaves emerging. I woke up yesterday to see the leaves coming out.



How appropriate!



Last weekend was a gorgeous weekend. I think everyone on my street was out mowing. This had to have been a chain reaction. I asked Mr. JCrew if I was missing something. I didn't think mowing was the right thing to be doing right now. The grass is really stressed this time of year.

This brings me to the hate relationship I have with Spring.


 I can't keep the house clean! The grass comes in with the dogs and our feet.

Okay; maybe grass isn't the only thing making my house dirty. :)

Last week we celebrated Spring coming by putting down mulch.



In some areas it's a noticeable difference.


On the hill, you can barely tell from afar.



When we replanted the hill, the mulch went into the dirt. Weeds were taking over. I'm glad I won't have that battle to fight anymore.


 Happy second day of Spring!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover