Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Attitude Changer

I’ve been reading. Actually listening. Well, I’ve been doing both.

Mr. JCrew loaned me his audio book, Lead the Field by Earl Nightingale. I tried an audio book last year around this time and it bored me to tears. I’m a visual learner. I remember things because I see them how I saw them the first time. I can describe who was where in what room and what they said. It’s just how my mind works. So, when I read, I need to look at the page. Usually I like the actual book, but e-readers are growing on me.

When Mr. JCrew loaned me his audio book, I wasn’t that excited, but I’m hooked! I listen on the drive to and from work, and I listen during my two-pump breaks at work. Maybe it is the content of the book. It is a book I think ALL should read.

I’m not going to re-hash the book in one LONG post, because that would get me in trouble. Instead, I will share with you my favorite quotes (one per post).

This book isn’t just for the career person. It applies to every person. Mr. JCrew has honestly turned into a different person because of this book. (I cannot kiss this book enough! And I’d probably give Mr. Nightingale the biggest bear hug when I see him in Heaven.)

Today’s quote:

“You are, at this moment, standing right in the middle of your own 'acres of diamonds’.”


There is a Story out there that you can listen to. In summary, you might waste time searching for the greener pasture that you longed for when it was under your feet originally.

If the grass is greener on the other side… it's probably getting better care. Success is not a matter of luck or circumstance. It's not a matter of fate or the breaks you get or who you know.

Success is a matter of sticking to a set of commonsense principles anyone can master. In Lead the Field Earl Nightingale explains these guidelines: the magic word in life is ATTITUDE. It determines your actions, as well as the actions of others. It tells the world what you expect from it. When you accept responsibility for your attitude, you accept responsibility for your entire life.


- Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover