Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Meet My New Friend

Our foyer has gone through many tiny updates.

foyer before (450 x 600)

My first staining job ever was on the table in our foyer. I bought it from my sister at her yard sale. I stained it a deeper color. And I dabbed the mirror above it slightly.

foyer mid (600 x 400)

It was more like a paint job. I had no clue what I was doing, but I like how it turned out. I’ve been tossing some ideas around for updating its color, but nothing has stuck yet.

This table kind of serves as a catch-all. I think we subconsciously know it’s too small and we use the dining room table instead.

IMG_9044w (400 x 600)

It only stays clean for a day. Ugh. I’ve got to find a solution.

Going back to the foyer, I had a fake potted plant that has been with me for a while. I’ve very picky about fake plants. I don’t do them, but this one looked real to me. I had it in my apartment in college.

IMG_0859 (517 x 600)

But every time I look at it, I think of how old it is and I want something new to replace it.

I’ve been searching for a while and finally found something!

Meet Mr. Hoo.

IMG_0395

He’s a cute little fella. He also got a friend to go home with him.

IMG_0394

I picked both of them up for $12.

I didn’t really know what to put in the top of him. Fake flowers was my first thought, but wasn’t my first love.

IMG_0393

Until it hits me, the flowers will remain.

Mom thinks I’m asking for trouble with him on the ledge. I do admit that Little JCrew loves to take the red vase down and play with it. So far, Mr. Hoo is still in one piece. We shall see if he remains!

1 comment:

  1. i love him. so very cute. the red next to him is great too

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover