Friday, October 11, 2013

Mr. Brigglesworth's First Birthday

Mr. Brigglesworth celebrated his first birthday last week. It was an exciting time.


 I made the chalkboard sign just as I did for Little JCrew's second birthday. This time, I wanted a picture of Mr. Brigglesworth in front of the sign. He stands and walks really well, but putting him barefoot in the flowerbed with holly bushes was a mistake. I got five pictures and he face-planted into the bushes. Our photoshoot was then over. I apologized to him, but he had no tears. 

an


We had family over the Saturday before for some burgers and cake. It was a big day besides the birthday party because my UCF Knights were playing South Carolina. I was glued to the TV. I am never watching football, but I did that day.



Luckily, there was no prep needed for the actual party. I had baked the cake and iced it that morning, the burger patties were divided, and floors were swept. Much easier than a full-out party. No pressure to entertain the kiddos.



Mr. Brigglesworth loved the company. Cousin James got him some boxing gloves and the cousins loved beating up on Mr. JCrew. James even came over again the next week because he wanted to “box with Bobby.”



We had our birthday pose with the birthday-boy.


And then we had a rare family photo taken.


Mr. Brigglesworth didn't know what to do about the candle, so we I helped him.


The birthday boy loved his cake! He gave Cole the glare that said, “I’m not going to share this!”



He’s become picky with food lately. He spit out macaroni and cheese! But he ate almost the entire piece of cake.


The cousins had a great time playing.



I’ve decided the boys can’t have any more birthday’s. This year for both boy’s birthday’s, Dad went into the hospital after feeling miserable at Mr. Brigglesworth's party. I’m happy to report that he came home Tuesday night. Mr. Brigglesworth gave him a tight squeeze when he saw him Wednesday night. Poppa is his buddy!



The little bruiser is a ball of energy. 



He and Little JCrew have learned the art of pushing eachother and I’m not a fan. I’m trying to nip that behavior real quick.



I hope you all have a great weekend. We have nothing planned over here. 


Although, next weekend, I signed Mr. JCrew and I up for the Liz Hurley 5k! We’re on the Weekday team. He will actually be racing while I will be jogging the double stroller. I think the boys will love it. We’ll see what I can do. The last time I ran, was before Little JCrew. Seriously! I think I might die, but I’ll have a grin! Plus, I can use the stroller as an excuse.



See ya Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Mr. Brigglesworth! Eek, that means I almost have a one year old too! So glad your dad is getting better, and I'll see you at the Liz Hurley 5K...I'm also on the Weekday team!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I can believe Miss W will be ONE! Woohoo! Yay, I'll see you Saturday!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover