Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Closing Day 2014



We have so many reasons to celebrate. First, I must say Happy Anniversary to the man of my dreams! Seven wonderful years and many more to come. It takes a special man to put up with me, and he does. He was made for me and I appreciate everything he does for me.


Two years ago, we closed on the sale of our condo for our 5 year anniversary. Today, we celebrate seven years by closing on our construction loan! YAY!



The surveyor told us he would be out to the lot today to mark the house corners. Well, he surprised us last night.


We went out to celebrate our anniversary at our favorite restaurant and on the drive home I said I wanted to drive by the lot. I didn’t expect to see flags, but I wanted to see the lot bare one last time. Well, we saw flags! I made Mr. JCrew stop so we could get out. I turned on the flashlight on my phone and we walked the layout. 



We were screaming like our kids did on Christmas day. It was an awesome cap to the night.
Before we had gone to dinner, we were given the green light for our closing and the time to meet. On our way to the bank this morning, I called our builder-consultant to give him a heads up. He replied back that rebar was delivered this morning! (Not before 7:30AM, as I went to see the flags in sunlight.)




Friends, this is real. Our hard work is paying off. Walking into the bank did not give us a sense of remorse or guilt. In fact, who goes into a bank closing and gets good news you weren’t expecting? We walked out of the bank happier.

The only down side with the construction loan is that we walked out empty handed. There was no set of keys exchanged, no title in our hands. But, it was a great feeling knowing that work would start and we are going to be busy!

As for the timeline, we have rain forecasted for the next two days, so we will not dig the footings until Monday. And speaking of footing, I had my first construction dream Tuesday night. I dreamt we dug the footings ourselves with a shovel and it took us all day to do 30 feet worth. Granted, we filled the footing with concrete too. And the footing was only 6 inches wide and had a slight curve to it, but I felt proud of the accomplishment. It only meant we’ve be digging and pouring footings for another 23 days! Glad it was a dream. 

As I drove home from work today, I was behind the tractor delivery to our lot. How exciting! They plan to remove grass tomorrow. 


Happy New Year to you all! 2015 will be great!

2 comments:

  1. love this post. i am thrilled for you guys and can't wait to read and hear more about the progress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Don't worry, I won't hold back the updates ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover