Monday, May 6, 2013

Wood Filler

Back when I screwed the exterior door frames with more screws, I left the heads exposed and went on with my life.

IMG_8592

I thought I could live with it. Some are hidden; some are not.

IMG_8596

Weeks later, they are staring at me! I had to do something.

IMG_8593

I’ve been put on a brief pause with projects around the house, so I am looking at fixing things I have around me. Why not cover the screws up and paint over them? I have the paint. It would make them much more appealing.

IMG_9904w

I used Elmer’s Wood Filler.

Step One: Put filler into the hole.
Step Two: Use a scraper to even the surface
Let it dry, sand it and then it’s time to paint.
 
I had a gaping hole in our front door frame that has been there forever!

IMG_9921w

I never asked the builder to fix it, so I finally did!

IMG_9979w

Our trim paint color is Pacer White by Sherwin Williams (SW 6098). It’s an offwhite color for sure. I’m not sure how much I love it. I like white, but too white can feel commercial and lose that homey feeling.

IMG_0541w

Now it is just a distant thing in the past that I re-enforced our door frames. Hopefully I will never need to kick down my door. I won’t be getting in that way.

IMG_0542w

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover