Monday, December 23, 2013

Toddler Busy Board

I don't know how long I can keep it up, but I'd like to try to go as long as I can. That is, making the boys their Christmas present.

We have a three-gift rule we follow for the kids. Each kid gets three gifts. Just as the Wise Men brought three gifts for Jesus.

Last year I made the boys a Lego / Train Table. It is a hit! The boys ask to play trains all. the. time. Because Mr. Brigglesworth is so young, we haven't flipped it over to play Legos yet. But, I've got the Lego collection started and am just waiting!!

So, this year I made a Busy Board for the Boys Christmas present.


All I had to buy was the hardware at the home improvement store.


I cut a board from the left over I had when making Little JCrew's twin beds.


I just laid out all my pieces so that I knew how big I needed it.



I then used the paint I used on my front door to paint the piece of wood.

I tried to get a variety of the types of latches.



Ones that used a wide range of motion.



My favorite is the window sash lock.



The cabinet keyed lock is one of Little JCrew's favorites. The only thing I have left to do, is use a ribbon to attach the key to the board. The boys haven't figured out that the key can come out. But once they do, if that key is not attached, we will lose it!


I showed it to the boys to get these pictures.


It's close enough to the holiday, but I'll still keep it in the closet until Christmas Day.


I'm so glad they like it.


My mom says I'm teaching them how to get into things and I will be in trouble soon. Ha! I'm already in trouble with the two of them together, how much more can there be?



I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas with their family and friends.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I have seen many more boards since I created this and it's fun to see what others add to theirs. Ours is now hanging in the toy closet.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover