Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Attitude Changer: Quote #11



In these related posts, I am sharing quotes from a wonderful book called, “Lead the Field’ by Earl Nightingale.

In summary, the book talks about your attitude. It determines your actions, as well as the actions of others. Mr. Nightingale takes our lame excuses for NOT being successful and refutes them all.

Today’s Quote: “You have tremendous potential.”

You are much more than meets the casual eye. You are unique. Every person is
building a life and thus is really in business for themselves. Think of yourself as a business; which you must increase. You must not concern yourself with the past but with the present and future. You cannot go back and you cannot stand still. You must grow or go.

Knowledge is power! You have the advantage. Your future is unlimited. To grow 10% and improve yourself is an easy goal. You only need to put out 10% service to get back 10% more reward. Why settle for just 10%? Try 20%. To stay vital, ongoing education is vital.

It’s in my nature to always be learning something. At times, the direction of learning changes. I took over a year to research being a mom! That sounds silly, but I think we all do it. I had my instincts, but there was a lot to learn! (There are a lot of opinions out there, too. You can listen but you don’t have to act.)

When I was in school, my time was full. I managed to still keep up my highly demanding performance schedule with my ballet company. I definitely learned time management. But this was before being married and having kids. I earned my undergraduate degree and went straight into my Masters. At the same time I took on a full-time job in a corporation. Still, no family of my own. I did back down on my performing then. I gave what I could. When I completed my graduate-level degree, I went searching to fill my time. I took a second job! This job was being hostess at an upscale restaurant. I learned so much from that job. I quit the second job a few months before moving across state lines.

When we bought our current house, it was my first house with a yard. I dove into learning about landscaping. And I’ve done the same with house projects. There is always something to learn out there. With our jobs, they require training courses and encourage continuing education, but most don’t do it. They become comfortable in the routine and think they know all there is to know about their job. I know at times I can fit into that category. It’s been three years since I got my last certification related to my job.

Mr. JCrew is amped up with his schooling. He is getting his Electrical Engineering degree with a business minor, and he doesn’t plan on stopping there. He wants to always be learning and challenging himself. However, once he completes his current degree, he will slow down the pace. I can only hope he continues on this path.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover