I have a particular taste in rugs. I’m not into patterns, but Mr. JCrew is. I’m not into Persian. I like BIG prints. Random prints are even better. You don’t have to center them or make them symmetrical. The more random, the better.
This particular taste leans towards floral. I try so hard not to like floral because I know Mr. JCrew is not a fan, but it’s what I find. At least I like manly colors!!!
First rug I saw, was the Pottery Barn Janelle rug. This print had large flowers on a brown base. The flowers were white, blue, orange, etc. I loved the colors and the print.
![]() |
| Janelle Rug - Pottery Barn |
This rug would be perfect in my dining room. The brown base would go with my Portabella walls and the pattern would disguise food spills.
| Anderson wanted to be my model |
I caught my eye on another rug. Target had the Antik Floral Loop rug in early 2010. They had it in all sizes. Only online did they have the 7x10 size I needed.
I chose 7x10 because I purposefully wanted the rug to fit under every section of our huge sectional and extend out a little further.
TIP: A rug ties furniture together. You don’t want to line your furniture against the wall. Place a rug in the middle of a room and put the furniture around the edges. If it’s a couch and chairs, have the front legs of all the furniture on the rug. Take a step back and look at how the room feels homey.
The Antik Floral rug had “manly” colors that went with the living room color palette. And of course I loved the big floral print.
| Anderson modeling again |
I’ve even seen pictures where there is a rug halfway under a bed. I think it looks cool. I envision an off-white fluffy rug to go under the foot of our bed.
We’ll see if that idea sticks.
At a local baby supply store, I saw they displayed their cribs with shag rag rugs partially underneath the cribs. The look is great!
I also have small rugs around the house.
A rug at the front door.
A NEW rug at the back door (Christmas present)
A rug at the kitchen sink. This rug is slightly invisible and I like it that way. Blends in with the tile.
An outdoor rug for the dogs!
And of course a rug for the shower.
Play with your rugs. They make a huge difference.
| 5x7 Rug wasn't big enough |
| Bigger rug looks better |
In This Post:
Rug #1: Pottery Barn – Janelle 9x12
Rug #2: Target – Antik Floral 8x10
Rug #3: Costco
Rug #4: Kirkland’s
Rug #5: Target
Rug #6: Pier 1


No comments:
Post a Comment