My monogram lady has recently decided she will not take outside projects. L When my mom first moved here, we had the monogram lady monogram a pillowcase for my mom. My mom has another pillowcase she’d like done, but can’t. She then asked if I’d be willing to make an appliqué for her pillowcase. I was honored and said, “Yes.”
First, we had to find a fabric that blended all the colors on her bed. Mom also likes Paisley prints. We found the perfect match.
Next step was to get the right size for the appliqué. I tested a couple sizes and found a good size.
I learned my lesson on the onesies, that I need to iron on the fabric to the adhesive before I cut out the shape. I was fearful this would waste material, but it doesn’t anymore than the other.
![]() |
| Fabric with adhesive ironed on. Size of the "W" is all that is needed. |
I then measured ‘center’ on the pillowcase and ironed the appliqué into place.
It’s now time to put the pillowcase under the sewing machine and crank out the trim.
I set the stitch on a zigzag pattern on a tight setting. It gives it the look like I put it through a monogram machine, but it’s on my normal sewing machine.
I’m very happy with the result. Mom got her personalization taken care of and I got to use my sewing machine again. Win/Win.
Fabulous!







No comments:
Post a Comment