Hope you don't mind me catching you up on things from a week ago. It’s Family Friday!
Last Saturday was my dad’s birthday. I won’t mention his age because that would give away that he was only two when I was born.
He loves all things sweet and has his favorite of Pecan Pie, but I made him something different this year and will share the recipe.
I originally made the cake for Mr. JCrew’s birthday.
When we finished it, I was asking who had the next birthday so I could make it again. February has sooo many birthday’s in it. I never realized it til this year.
February birthday’s:
-Jessica, my close friend—Jackson, my mom’s dog --- Suzy, my MIL--- Lindy, my close friend --- Jessica, friend --- Mr. JCrew --- Mike, my dad --- Hannah, my niece. And there are other acquaintances that FaceBook let me know about.
Cookies n Cream Cake Recipe
-Vanilla box of cake mix
- 30 oreos
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4t vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- tub of cool whip (room temperature)
Preparation: Get all your ingredients out and let the cream cheese and cool whip soften
Make the cake mix according to box instructions (egg, oil, mixing time, etc) The KEY to a fluffy cake is the electric mixing. I just have a hand mixer I use.
Fold in 15 crumbled Oreos into the cake batter.
Pour it into the 9x13 pan and cook in the oven according to the package instructions.
For the frosting:
Blend cream cheese and powdered sugar together.
Add vanilla. Add cool whip. Add 15 crumbled oreos.
Spread on the cooled cake, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
ENJOY!
You may have noticed, I bought Publix brand of everything I could… except the Oreos! Store brand products are usually just as good as name brand, but Mr. JCrew and I have made some discoveries of food items that aren’t. Oreos is one of them. You just can’t imitate Oreos!
Sorry if I forgot someone with a February birthday. Happy FRIDAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment