I’ve
never been really fond of the bathroom lighting situation, but they weren’t
ugly. I’ve lived with them for five years while I casually looked for something
better.
However,
they were bronze. I had no plans to replace our faucets with bronze fixtures,
but wondered how the lights would clash (or not clash) with the brushed nickel
everywhere else.
I
held out on buying the lights. At $99 each, I just couldn’t do it.
While
my sister was in town, we were visiting Lowes and I wanted to show Mom and
Kerry the lights I liked. I squealed when I saw the lights were on
clearance… $39!
I
bought the three they had in the store. I then bought four more from the Lowes
in Athens. (They were the only other store with the sales price AND had some in
stock.)
I
purchased seven because the plan was to use them in my dream house one day.
That dream lasted three months and is now in my memory. Moving on …
I
decided to put them up in my current bathrooms. I kinda liked them.
The
bronze was not that appealing. It didn’t match.
I
gave two of the light fixtures to my mom to use in her bathrooms, and they
looked great!
She has dark cabinets that made them work.
She has dark cabinets that made them work.
I
lived with the lights bronze for a few days until I found spray paint in
brushed nickel.
I
quickly took the lights down and went spray paint happy.
My
bathrooms are a little confused with chrome faucets and brushed nickel knobs,
but at least there is not more bronze in there.
I
was impressed with the spray paint job.
The
bathroom now has kept the light and airy feel that I love.
I
loved the bronze look on the light itself, but I had no resistance to paint a
beautiful light when I got it for 60% off.
I’m
much happier with the lights and they provide to much more light, too!
I’ve
already found a new home for the old lights and sold the remainder. Details
coming soon.




.jpg)
.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment