Two weeks ago, I shared the floorplan
that I would use if I were to build me “dream house.” The idea of a dream house
comes from two situations: I have a desire to have more children, and a desire
to take care of my parents and in-laws.
Taking in my parents is not a problem
in our current house, but it would mean that a third child would not really
have a place to sleep.
| Floor 1 Bedrooms |
So, I toyed around with more ideas to
alter our current house. Keeping my parents on the main floor, I would give
them our Master Suite. This meant, I needed to create a new Master Suite. Our
attic has plenty of room!
Upstairs we currently have a bedroom
and a bath. We could easily make this our master suite. It’s not a problem.
We’d just lose the playroom that it currently is.
That option is fine, but my creative
juices were going. I added a bedroom and a closet upstairs. The bathroom would
not be directly connecting to the bedroom, but you could access it through
the closet.
There are several layouts that have you go through a closet before you reach the bathroom, so this did not sound like a bad idea.
During the addition, I would change the roofline, too!
During the addition, I would change the roofline, too!
I’d add windows to the playroom. Turn
the existing closet into a hallway. Convert more attic space into storage
space.
My estimate for the addition is around
$50,000-60,000. Cheaper than building a new house. However, we’d have to look
into the construction of the house to see if the structure on the first floor would support the second. I think it would, but we’d need an actual architect/draftsman to confirm. (I just play one on the blog!)
It doesn’t fix the issue of a longer
driveway, but there are ways to think outside the box on that one.
Hope you’ve had fun looking at my
floorplans. I can come back with more if you want. I always think it’s fun to
work with floorplans. I remember it being my favorite assignment in my middle
school shop class.






No comments:
Post a Comment