I have two Eagleston Hollies. They were planted in a bed that originally had Dogwoods.
![]() |
| June 2014 |
Those dogwoods had no shade to survive, and I needed something that would be a screen for my neighbor's yard. Eagleston Holly is an evergreen, so during the winter, I have a constant screen. It really does aid in providing privacy.
![]() |
| June 2014 |
The leaves do shed twice a year, but it is not bad. They shed right before a new growth. The leaves have one "point" per leaf but it would not hurt if you were to step on it bare foot.
![]() |
| Leaf Detail |
This winter we had snow that lasted more than a day. I tried to shake the snow off the branches of my trees, but the weight of the snow held them down. I did heavily trim my Eagleston Hollies this year because of that. I do trim them regularly so that they are encouraged to grow fuller.
It is definitely not a perfect tree meant to be a specimen, but it is a nice tree. Something very unique about it.
Thanks for all the questions and comments.
![]() |
| May 2014 after pruning. |


.jpg)


.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment