Mostly, it's things like planning that can be done now. But in January, I start pruning. I don't have much to prune, but I do go around and remove dead growth on bushes, trees that I can see now that there are no leaves.
I have a lot of Limelight Hydrangeas and I prune them back this time of year. I started out only having a few.
But then I added more, and the lonely few weren't creating the hedge I was looking for.
Since they are not the same age, I am trying to trim them back to help them all get the same height.
Last year, the boys helped me trim and they did great. I don't remember exactly what I did, but you can see the older bushes have some straight stalks. We'll see if I can get the newer bushes growing that way.
![]() |
| Older LimeLight |
![]() |
| Younger Limelight |
I also trim my one and only Crepe Myrtle. This will be the last year I trim it. The past few years, I have been training it to be a tree. I think it is finally there. The tops of the limbs where I trimmed were not that thick, but they should thicken up this year and I don't wont to commit crepe murder!
The little tree has come a long way!
Plants can be time consuming at the beginning to get them "trained" as I call it. But once they are mature, it is smooth sailing and you can sit back and enjoy!
I need to start posting more about the yard. It has come a long way and I didn't realize it until I went through old pictures. Makes me appreciate all the sweat and sore muscles.












No comments:
Post a Comment