Friday, September 14, 2018

Layering Rugs


There is a trend right now that I really like. It is layering different size rugs on top of each other. I’m not usually a trendy person and I won’t jump on a trend because I know I will tire of it. But this trend, I really like and am confident I will stick with it past its trendiness. 



I first did it before the trend took off, but not with rugs. When I hung placemats above my cabinets in the kitchen, I had an extra. I had bought three and then used something different for the middle.



Instead of returning the placemat, I knew I could do something with it. Then I layered it on top of a charger I had that was currently under my favorite lamp. 



It made me love my favorite lamp even more!



Back to rugs, I really like the idea of layer a rug on the back porch seating area. But I don’t have any rugs out there right now, and it’s not on a priority list, so we’ll see if it ever gets done. But I did layer mats for my entry ways.



Current Inspiration

The back door is not fancy, but it was the first runner I bought from Walmart. It is under a Stanley Steamer mat that works really well at getting the grime off shoes after playing in the back yard.



For the front door, I found a runner from Costco to put under the mat. Mom loves a good plaid, and the colors went with the house pretty good.



I like how it pulls the porch together and can’t remember it without it.

I also layered rugs on the inside! I found these rugs that I felt didn’t take away from the detail of the brick. It went with it very well. I bought one for each exit door, but the one at the front felt too small. I then ordered a Dash and Albert rug from McGee and Co to put under it.



Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...