Friday, February 15, 2019

Lamps On A Shelf


Mom found an inspiration picture on Pinterest that I really liked. It had a lamp in a cabinet.



I knew of a place I wanted to put a lamp instantly. I had a space in the China cabinet part of the kitchen cabinets that would be perfect.



I had added a shelf to those cabinets, but there was an outlet in the cabinet that I had to account for with the new shelf. The only thing I’d have to do was cut out a notch for the cord. I used my scroll saw for that.



In order to give enough space for the lamp, the shelf had to straddle the outlet. I used the bottom plug for the lamp. Pretty much all my lamps are on timers so I don’t have to think about turning it on or remembering to turn it off.



The lamp came from a thrift store. It was pretty hard to find such a short lamp. The shortest of lamps in stores were still too tall. Mom and I created a joint Pinterest Board collecting options for short lamps.








I also wanted to add a lamp to the bookcase in the living room. I felt like that corner of the room was dark if no lights were on. I found this lamp at Pottery Barn.




I also added a basket I found at TJ Maxx. These baskets were so my style and I bought the three they had!







The lamps on a bookcase as part of an item to style a bookcase is currently my favorite. I like the looks of styled bookcases, but I need function! My shelves may not be picture perfect, but they are functional.


2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness i love those baskets. and i love the lamp and books in the one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...