The foyer has been a room that sometimes feels lacking and
sometimes feels adequate.
The buffet was a piece that use to be behind the couch at
the old house.
The mirror was from the dining room at the old house (which was from the dining room of the Florida condo.)
I knew I wanted a mirror in the foyer to bounce the light
from the doors into the house. And that’s exactly what it does.
I originally kept a basket on the buffet console to house
the mail. Mom LOVES to check the mail and she will set our mail in the basket.
But it didn’t feel right.
I then bought a new basket from Hearth and Home line at Target
(Joanna Gaines).
At the same time, I bought new Holly Ferns to replace ones
on my front porch that froze during the winter. I kept them inside on the
buffet console until the weather decided to stay warm, but while I kept them on
the console, I began to like them there. So, I bought pots for them to stay and
bought new ferns for the porch. I liked the ferns behind the basket but it
looked like they were in the basket. I couldn’t put them in the basket, because
I still needed the function of the basket.
I also bought a new lampshade for the lamp. The old one gave
off this yellow color that didn’t like,
so the hounds tooth one was better.
One Winter, I put real poinsettias on either side of the
buffet and loved it.
And I had the rubber plants on either side as I was protecting
them from the Winter.
So, I entertained the idea of planters with plants on either
side of the buffet. But I talked myself out of it. I don’t need extra plants to
take care of, and I need to embrace the empty space as okay.
And at times I feel like making it a bold, moody color, but I don't want it to compete with the office right next to it.
And at times I feel like making it a bold, moody color, but I don't want it to compete with the office right next to it.
I am so glad I got the doors I did. Originally, the plan was to have a solid door with sidelights. The Architectural Committee for the neighborhood came back with options because a single door wasn't going to cut it. I went with double doors with glass. We now have a view of the gorgeous sunrises across the lake. It is amazing. We see it from the living room and the breakfast nook.
It’s a simple place that is a nice space.











No comments:
Post a Comment