Little JCrew’s room has been a fun one to put together. I
went with a Nautical theme. This is not to be confused with a boat theme.
There are only two boat objects in his room. It’s his
painting of boats and a wire ship I got from Pottery Barn. It was my goal to decorate using things that are
boat-related. I knew I could get tired of seeing so many boats in one room. The matching nursery themes go overboard in my opinion.
I linked the painting to let you know it is actually a poster! I bought the frame at Hobby Lobby and stapled the poster to it. There is no glass. That was a project I forgot I did.
I highly recommend AllPosters.com. I've gotten a few prints from there and was so impressed. They are posters of paintings for a fraction of what the real painting would cost.
Back to the room...
Every sailor needs a map.
Dock pillars to tie your boat to.
A pulley for the sailboat.
Fish that swim in the sea.
Lanterns to guide your way.
Propellers to get
over to big waves.
Sharks and Alligators.
It was too pricey, but wouldn't it have been perfect?
And now we have a turtle shell that you find on the beach.
This is from Nate Berkus’ Target collection. I saw it and
loved it, but didn’t know where it would go. I think I was on Little JCrew’s
bed staring at the wall, when I found where I wanted to hang it. There was a
perfect blank spot above his crib.
The crib originally had a mobile hanging in the center of the intials on the wall. Once that was removed there was a blank space.
The shell was a perfect fit. I might try to raise it a little and see what that looks like. Right now it looks okay, but everything on that wall looks like it's lined up to go to the cafeteria for lunch.
I think it's a great addition! It’s a SEA-turtle shell.
(Grasping to make the idea work, eh?)
What will be next to add to our nautical-theme?
I thought it was funny as I was linking the things in this room, how much of it is Pottery Barn inspired. I guess they do a lot of nautical things I like.
I thought it was funny as I was linking the things in this room, how much of it is Pottery Barn inspired. I guess they do a lot of nautical things I like.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment