Monday, September 23, 2013

Revere Pewter

Alright folks, I did it! The Master Bedroom is a new color!

Benjamin Moore

That’s part of the reason I got the spray gun, because I knew I was about to go on a painting frenzy. And sure enough, I did!


A few months ago, I did test swatches in six different locations in my bedroom. I had to make sure I was picking the right color this time.


After my fiasco with Little JCrew’s room and the upstairs bathroom, I started to second guess my pick for the master bedroom. I almost thought I should use ‘Bonsai’ for a fourth room since I knew I liked it.

But I reminded myself of the process I went through to pick this color. I lived with the samples for weeks on my walls and saw them in all kinds of lighting situations. This was my favorite.



It took me two hours to prep the room and three hours to paint it. It was simple with four walls, but I had the ceiling to tackle. Lucky me; the paint gun decided to not work! I had taped myself into the room and it wouldn't work! I was in a time crunch, so I decided to do it the old-fashioned way. I'm spoiled using the gun already. 


Before I prepped the room, I painted the white part of the ceiling. With painting the walls three times, the walls were growing into the ceiling space. I was moving the tape line a little further with each coat to make sure the previous coat was covered.

Just that alone, made it look better already!


I feel it really lightens the space up just like I wanted.

Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter

Now my mom and Mr. JCrew are hiding my paint gun. I can’t paint any more. I keep telling them it’s okay! It’s not like I am making them do it!! I don’t mind. Yes, it’s work, but it’s such a simple change to make a space your own.

Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter

Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter

Benjamin Moore’s Revere Pewter for the win!!

Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter

Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter

Now I’m sure this color will stay for years. You got to ask yourself, "Who cares what color the walls are?" No one sees this room but Mr. JCrew, the kids and me. Out of us, I am the only one who cares. But this new color just made feel so much calmer and relaxed when I walk in. It is my 'happy place.' Just like my whole house is turning out to be. 

Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter


All of these pictures were taken on different days, different times, with the light on, with the light off, windows open and windows closed. I was trying to capture what the color does in all light settings. Unlike previous colors for this room, Revere Pewter stays pretty. I'm in love!

Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter



The Master Bedroom's History


1. Glidden - Brown Bag
2. Valspar - Azure Snow
3. Behr - Elephant Skin
4. Valspar - Stone Manor
5. Benjamin Moore - Revere Pewter

Finally, I found the color I love!

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, so much! I am still in love with this color. Pottery Barn is using Sherwin Williams Pediment now and I find it very similar to Revere Pewter.

      Delete
  2. I hate to say it, but I think #2 looks the best (Azure Snow). But maybe it doesn't look as good in other lightings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room is absolutely beautiful in Revere Pewter!! I recently used the same color in my dining room and it looks great also! You made a good choice Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your room is absolutely beautiful in Revere Pewter!! I recently used the same color in my dining room and it looks great also! You made a good choice Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover