I waited to see if painting the bathroom would be enough to light up the space by itself, but the conclusion came that more lights needed to be added.
I waited until the attic was properly insulated before I tackled this project. What’s nice is without all the insulation on the floor of the attic, I can see where all of the wiring is. It’s pretty nice!
Looking at the bathroom, the ceiling is slanted and there is no place for a light over the mirror. Unless you want it to look silly.
This was also at the time when I was looking for new homes for my lanterns, but the lanterns were too big. You’d be hitting your head on them to sit on the toilet.
I had my eyes on these beauties and I know they’d be perfect, but I can’t shell that kind of money for lights.
I have found many beautiful lights with high price tags, but I can’t understand why. Oh, well. Maybe if one day I have money lying around, I can get them. :)
Instead of buying lights, I used the old ones I took down out of my master bathroom.
Now, I lived with these for four years and although they are not my preferred style, I can still live with them.
The lights would go up on either side of the mirror. I was excited with this new location. The lights were just the right size.
All I had to do was to make holes in the walls, fish a wire through the hole and up the wall, then connect the wire to the light and to the power source.
Not a hard project at all.
Now, there were no existing electrical boxes, so I had to find studs. I didn’t need a junction box. I just attached the brace to the stud and made a hole for the wire.
I did make another hole so the threaded rod could go into the wall a little bit.
I could easily get to the wall by the toilet, but there was no way I could get to the other wall as easily. I couldn’t fit my hand between the walls because of a stud. So I went through the back of the closet and through the wall. Thank goodness there was a closet.
The new lights are awesome. Definitely brightens up the space and looks nice at the same time.
The new lights really brighten it up a lot. And they are not in the way. You can peacefully use the toilet with no head damage.
I find myself using that bathroom more and more.
While I was making the bathroom presentable, I added some new accessories.
The shower curtain was too white and too short for the space.
I have tried so hard to find extra tall shower curtains with no luck. I decided I would make my own. I found a striped curtain I was going to use and add fabric to it. But after I hung it up, I liked it “as is” and didn’t bother altering it.
I like the new, bigger rug, too! It’s growing on me. It’s a pop of color in the gray and white room, but the geometric pattern might be competing with the stripes.
All in all, we’re getting there. Now I don’t need a flashlight to go to the bathroom. (kidding, kind of.)
No comments:
Post a Comment