Monday, August 15, 2011

Top 12 Things I Want My Son to Know - #5

This is day 8 of a 12 part series (I hope!) to highlight the main things I want my son-to-be to know. Some will be silly, some will be serious. I just want to write it down for me and for him- and for your entertainment, of course.

#12, #11, #10, #9, #8, #7, #6

#5 Love God
God is a big reason why you are here. Your daddy and I have leaned on God for everything. He is the one thing you can turn to and get everything you need. Pray to God in time of need or in time of gratitude. He will hear your prayer and do what is best for you. It may not always be what you think is best, but God knows the future and will never let you experience anything you can't handle. He knows how strong you are.
Your dad and I will raise you in the church. It will be a good foundation for you and you will meet a lot of great friends there.
If you have any questions about religion or God, I'd ask your dad first. He is so knowledgable and sees the big picture. There are so many lessons to learn and stories to hear from the Bible. I will do my best to read you all the stories.
There are a lot of different opinions about God in this world. It is my hope that we will set you up on a firm foundation that you can stand firm in your beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget
Pin It button on image hover